Thursday, June 5, 2008

the lost photography by nicole (AND DID I MENTION THAT I FINIISHED WRITING MY SECOND BOOK?)

so, in my attempt to consolidate all of my belongings before i move in 10 months (i know, i'm getting ahead of myself, but it's a compulsion), i went through the steamer trunk full of negatives, contact sheets, and prints that i had from the 15 some-odd years that i spent taking photographs (yes, i did exhibit. yes, people did buy my work. yes, i was paid to do portraits. yes, i was paid to do ad work). i have not done any photography since the storm, but i intend on picking it back up (actually, i've already started just a bit). writing is still my primary focus (OH, DID I FORGET TO MENTION THAT I FINISHED MY SECOND BOOK? IT'S A CHILDREN'S BOOK CALLED, "THE TALE TELLER". MY ILLUSTRATOR IS WORKING ON IT AND IT SHOULD BE COMPLETED IN TOTO SOON!!), but i will always have a keep interest in photography. having said that, i thought that i would put a few of my old shots up so that you all (all two of you who read my blog) could have a look and tell me what you think (although i have a feeling i will only get a comment from meeg- maybe i'm down to one reader!! it would certainly seem that way!).

enjoy!!






















































































































4 comments:

Meeg said...

The first photo makes me think of that Astrid ho who Stu Sutcliffe went off with. And walking down the dark, possum-infested streets of uptown at night; that skinny girl we went to law school with... aah, so many memories.

Unknown said...

OMG Nic! These shots are gorgeous!! I need a few to hang up at home right next to Allison's (you know my sis). I miss you SOOOOOO much. I have postcards for you, I didn't forget. Promise. I'm coming in this weekend. Maybe we can get together at PJs for a cup of coffee!!!!!!

superrin18 said...

MY DAUGHTER LOOKS SO BEAUTIFUL,PEACEFUL AND QUIET... TIME HAS FLOWN BY, SHE IS 1O AND HAS BRACES NOW... CONGRATS ON YOUR 2ND BOOK YOU ARE AWESOME. Love shan

Anonymous said...

beautiful pics nicole
ori