Thursday, August 23, 2007

my homage to those who have left nola (either due to katrina or for various other reasons)

my lovely liz came in the other day and we had coffee. she lived here until a few months ago and then she moved to austin >sob<. she is now going to stay with the parents in the carolinas. here is my liz (and me on my way to meet liz for coffee). i miss you liz.
me


liz

this is my carrie and her dave (although i lay claim to him as well as we talk on gmail everyday). they left me to move to dallas (ewwww) not long before the storm. carrie is my oldest and dearest friend. i miss her everyday. i don't miss dave as much because i talk to him so often but he's still a super cool cat.


carrie and dave

allyson has also left. she finished vet school and is now a doctor in new york. i miss her dearly. here she is at mardi gras 2007 in my cowboy hat (which i think looks better on me--hehe).



allyson in my hat at mardi gras

this is meeg and kalanit. meeg evacuated during katrina and never returned (except for vacay time-- and for my wedding, at which this photo was taken). kalanit has recently gotten married and has moved to florida with her husband, zach. i miss you everyday, meeg. and i'll miss you, too kiki.


meeg and kiks at my wedding


and now frankie has just moved to get married in dallas. his soon to be wife lives there so he's relocated. i'll miss you, babe. keep on beboing me-- if you think you can handle it!!


frankie and me at z'otz

erika left me a long time ago. she now lives in honduras with her husband. she is one of my best friends in the world (and i haven't even met her baby yet!!). she might be coming into town in september and i can't wait!! i miss her so much!


erika and her husband cesar (and that's samuel in her belly)

this is me and aditi. aditi left me quite a while ago as well. i recently saw her at her daughter's birthday party. it was so good to see her and i miss her so much.


me kissing aditi (with her sister anagha in the background)

so, those are my friends who have left me (there are a few more) but many of these are my best, best friends (i'm looking at you carrie, meeg, aditi, kiki, liz, erika, allyson, dave, and frankie).

thankfully i still have many of my best friends here in nola (looking at you stephanie, suzie, erin, patrick, jelena, dave, andrew, dillon, heather, lori, john, katy, matt, kim, robin, shannah, and sarah)

and of course i still have my family-- my dad, my brothers (robin and andrew-- scott moved to dc the bastard), and my gavin.

here or not here, friend or family, you are all my best friends and i love you. stay cool.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Whoa nice fuzzstach on the hawaiian shirted gentleman, it really gives him a touch of class